Scallops have been a prized delicacy for centuries and are enjoyed around the world. This recipe takes inspiration from the traditional pan-seared scallops and combines them with buttery rice and a flavorful lemon garlic sauce. It’s a perfect combination of delicate and savory flavors that are sure to impress your taste buds. This recipe is perfect for a special occasion, a romantic dinner, or a fancy dinner party. So let’s dive in and discover how to create this delectable dish!
Scallops have been consumed by humans for thousands of years. Evidence shows that scallops were a valuable food source for the Native American tribes who lived along the Atlantic coast. Scallops were also enjoyed by the ancient Greeks and Romans who valued their delicate flavor. Today, scallops are thought of as a luxury type of seafood and are used in many dishes.
|Garlic||4 cloves, minced|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Chicken broth||1 ½ cups|
|Uncooked white rice||1 cup|
|Parsley||2 tbsp, chopped|
- Begin by rinsing the rice and draining it. Then, in a large pot, bring the chicken broth, rice, salt, and pepper to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover the pot, cooking the rice for 18-20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, pat the scallops dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the scallops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and add the minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and spoon the lemon garlic sauce over them.
- Once the rice has finished cooking, fluff it with a fork and add 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Serve the scallops on a bed of buttery rice and sprinkle the remaining parsley over the dish.
Thank you for reading this Scallops and Rice recipe! I hope you enjoy this delectable dish and don’t forget to like and share if you loved it!